Who do you think is worthy? YMCA seeking nominations
This year marks 35 years of celebrating acts of PEACE in Northumberland County with the YMCA Peace Medal Awards.
YMCA Northumberland is currently seeking nominations for its annual Peace Medal Award ceremony, honouring youth, adults and groups who make a difference in the local community and abroad.
Peace Medal recipients will be recognized for promoting and inspiring the values of PEACE: Participation, Empathy, Advocacy, Community and Empowerment at an Annual Peace Medal Breakfast on Thursday, November 23 at the Best Western Plus Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre, 930 Burnham St., Cobourg.
“Recognizing those in our community who create both local and global impacts is paramount now,” says Eunice Kirkpatrick, Chief Executive Office, YMCA Northumberland. “The people we honour at the YMCA Peace Medal Breakfast each year not only promote social responsibility, but also ignite others to take meaningful actions. We encourage all to nominate someone you know who produces positive change through peaceful acts.”
YMCA Northumberland awards medals to adults and youth – individuals and groups – for their efforts to change our community through selfless action. Nominate individuals or groups who commit themselves to improving the lives of others!
• YMCA Staff members are not eligible for nomination
• Professionals who are paid to do peacemaking work are not eligible for nomination
• Self-nominations will not be considered
• Please visit our webpage https://ymcanrt.org/peace-medal/ to submit online or to print the Nomination Form and return it to: Kim Jaye, Cobourg YMCA, 339 Elgin Str. Cobourg, ON K9A 4X5
• Peace Medal Submissions are due by 5:00pm, Fri., Oct. 20th, 2023.