Civic Awards — Studio Tour — Superwalk — Fall business seminars in growth, business & security
Deadline for Civic Awards nominations extended to Sept 8
The Town of Cobourg Civic Awards Committee has extended the deadline for nominations to Friday, September 8, 2023.
Residents are encouraged to nominate a deserving individual to be recognized for their volunteerism within the community. The nomination form and awards category information are available at www.Cobourg.ca/civic-awards.
There are 11 Major Award categories to choose from to recognize volunteers with five or more years of service. There are also seven Distinguished Award categories that recognize specific contributions made during the past year (2022) and may be awarded to individuals and groups.
This year, the Civic Awards will honour the successful recipients on Wednesday, October 18, 2023, in the Concert Hall at Victoria Hall at 7 p.m., which coincides with Local Government Week.
Visit www.Cobourg.ca/civic-awards to see all the information and the nomination form, or contact Toni Galea at 905-372-4301.
Northumberland’s Third Annual Big Rigs and All Things That Move — Sunday, September 10
The fun will take place at the large gravel parking lot behind the Cobourg Community Centre, 750 D’Arcy St, on Sunday, September 10th, 2023 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Families and children of all ages are welcome to get up close and personal while exploring and learning about vehicles of all different shapes and sizes, including the Cobourg Fire Department’s Aerial truck! The event is free, donations are encouraged to raise funds for The Peterborough Butterfly Run.
Northumberland Hills Studio Tour — Saturday, September 9 & Sunday, September 10
Some of Northumberland County’s most talented artists open their studios for you to explore. Visit northumberlandstudiotour.ca to learn about this annual self-guided tour of the arts.
Parkinson Canada SuperWalk — Sunday, September 10
Join your community in Victoria Park for a stroll around Cobourg with friends all while raising funds for Parkinson research. Cobourg Lions Pavilion. Registration starts at 9 a.m., walk begins at 11 a.m.
Fall Seminars to Make Your Business Boom
The Town of Cobourg Economic Development department has unveiled ten dynamic and insightful business seminars designed to provide cutting-edge insights and strategies.
Aspiring entrepreneurs, seasoned business professionals, and anyone seeking to elevate their business will benefit from the following series, curated to equip participants with the tools they need to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving business landscape. Sessions are hosted by industry professionals and thought leaders and will take place at the Venture13 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre.
- Revenue Growth Series with Alain Levac | Date: September 13th, 2023, Time: 8:00 – 9:30am | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
- Revenue Growth Series with Drew Cameron | Date: October 11th, 2023, Time: 8:00 – 9:30am | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
- Revenue Growth Series with Carol Jiang | Date: November 8th, 2023, Time: 8:00 – 9:30am | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
- Business Spotlight: Xponential Futures | Date: September 20th, 2023 | Time: 12 – 1:30pm | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
- Business Spotlight: Part Time CFO Services | Date: December 11th, 2023 | Time: 12 – 1:30pm | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
- Cybersecurity & Anti Fraud Series – Leading Cybersecurity Research Practices | Date: October 2nd, 2023 | Time: 12- 1:30pm | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
- Cybersecurity & Anti Fraud Series – Where your Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Lie | Date: October 16th, 2023 | Time: 12- 1:30pm | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
- Cybersecurity & Anti Fraud Series – Where your Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Lie | Date: October 30th, 2023 | Time: 12- 1:30pm | Venue: Venture13 – 739 D’Arcy Street
Interested participants are encouraged to register early to secure their spot. For registration and more information, please visit investcobourg.ca or contact Economic Development at 905-372-5481 or via email at email@example.com.