Did you know….. If you are hosting a lottery of any kind – you require a lottery licence?
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has delegated the responsibility to issue specific types of lottery licences to municipalities. This includes bingos, raffles and break open tickets and special occasion gaming events with the following restrictions:
- bingo events, with prize boards of up to $5,500
- media bingo events with prizes up to $5,500
- break open tickets for local organizations
- raffle lotteries for total prizes of $50,000 and under
- paper based 50/50 draws
- bazaar lotteries which include: wheels of fortune with a maximum bet of $2, raffles not exceeding $500, and bingo events up to $500
All lotteries must be conducted and managed in accordance with licensing policies and the terms and conditions of the licences. This includes fulfilling all prescribed reporting requirements.
For details, visit www.trenthills.ca
Municipality of Trent Hills
66 Front Street South
P.O. Box 1030
Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0